Great job by all the 2016 Little Miss Scarecrow contestants- Phaedra Miller, Charlotte Foster, Addalyn Ratchford, Mariah Stephens, Maranda Stephens, Jocelyn Jeske, Jillian Volk & Mina Knupp! Congrats to our 2016 Little Miss Scarecrow Jillian Volk. Thanks to our judges- Hollie Weaver, Kelly Ohler & Karyn Belardi.
New for 2016 at the Scarecrow Festival
Little Miss Scarecrow Pageant
Sponsored by Larenas
The purpose of the Little Miss Scarecrow Pageant is to encourage the promotion of the Annual Georgian Place Scarecrow Festival and provide an opportunity for fundraising. Proceeds benefit local charity after expenses.
Each Contestant Must:
- Be a resident of the United States.
- Be 4 or 5 years of age on September 17, 2016. Proof of age may be required.
- Have her parents’ or guardians’ consent to compete in this contest.
Candidates will compete in the following areas:
- Talent- Limited to 45 seconds. Contestant must provide all props, music & equipment if required to play. Examples: ABCs, Sing a song, Recite a verse or poem, Joke telling, Etc.
- Poise and presentation (appearance and neatness) (Attire MUST BE Age Appropriate. Sunday Best, Flower Girl Dress, Costume, etc.) on Saturday, September 17, 2016 at approximately 3:00 p.m.
- Ability to communicate (speaking ability) during the question & answer session that will be completed in front of the judges and the public in attendance at the contest.
- Only the contestant will be permitted “on stage”.
Responsibilities of the Scarecrow Festival Little Miss Scarecrow & General Information:
- Smile, look pretty, pose for photos with others at the Scarecrow Festival.
- Larenas reserves the right to limit the number of contestants due to time constraints.
Wednesday, September 14, 2016 at 5:00 p.m. is the deadline for Complete Little Miss Scarecrow Entries to be RECEIVED by mail or in person. Submit to:
Little Miss Scarecrow Contest
312 Georgian Place
Somerset, PA 15501
Complete Little Miss Scarecrow Entry consists of:
- Completed little-miss-scarecrow-entry-form.
- Paid Entry Fee ($5 non-refundable). Checks made payable to Larenas.
If you have any questions about the pageant, email email@example.com or call Larenas 814-445-7773
The exact schedule and date for Little Miss Scarecrow Pageant, will be determined by the number of contestants who enter. The expected date/time is Saturday, September 17 at 2:00 p.m. (but this is subject to change) Contestants should sign in at Larenas, 312 Georgian Place, Somerset from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. Contestants should report to the designated area in center courtyard at 1:50 p.m. Please be dressed and ready for presentation at 2:00 p.m. when you report to the designated area. There are no changing facilities however, public restrooms are available. All activities will be completed in the whatever attire is worn upon arrival at the Pageant staging area.
The 2016 Little Miss Scarecrow will be crowned at the conclusion of this pageant, and will assume her duties immediately.